Sidor

onsdag 25 september 2013

No black or white...

The assignment for the third round of the scrap battle tournament was a tough one - create something colourful and NO black or white allowed. Black and white are fabulous colours for contrast and it was really hard to stay away from using them.

I am very happy with my layout, even if I didn't make it to the next round. Katarina created a fabulous, gorgeous, colourful layout and I wish her the very best in the upcoming rounds of the tournament!


I know the dots on the green paper and the stars on the yellow paper look white in this photo, but they're really tone on tone patterns, light green and light yellow. It would be interesting to add the dates of when these papers got into my hands... I was digging deep into my old stuff to find the right papers! =)

I have mixed feelings about my mixed media piece for the same challenge. =) I am practicing and learning all the time and I actually have this "wow-feeling" of having learned something important about what I like and not like and that feeling hit me shortly after having finished this painting. Everything I create takes me one small step forward I guess. :)

Huge congrats to Elina who is moving on to the next round with her colourful mixed media piece - and good luck in the next round! :)










2 kommentarer:

Ulf sa...

Blues liksom...

Denise sa...

the colors are so beautiful and vibrant. I adore the layout of Linus. Love the strips of paper.